INTRODUCTION – Godiva Bearings
- The term “Godiva” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- godiva-bearings.co.uk is a site operated by Godiva bearings.
- We are registered in the United Kingdom with our registered office at:
- Godiva Bearings
- We ship our Products from
- Godiva Bearings
- 9. Your personal data will be used to provide the information, goods and services offered through our website to you, for billing and order fulfilment.
- 10. If you sign up to our newsletter we may use your email address to send you information about products or services.
- 11. You can opt out of these at any point and you can ask for personal data to stop being recorded at any time.
- 12. We do not share any information.
COOKIES & MONITORING
- 14. We use Google Analytics to collect website visitor information.
- 15. Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are essential to the operation of our website.
- 16. Analytical/performance cookie – These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website.
- 17. Functionality cookies – These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website.
- 18. Targeting Cookies – These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed.
- 19. We may monitor traffic to our site and collect the following information:
- 20. The referring website from which you have got to our website from.
- 21. The reasons for this are:
- 22. To make ongoing improvements to our website based on this data.
- 23. To see our most popular sources of business.
- 24. The website is owned by Godiva Bearings.
- 25. We do not share any information from our website or users of the website. We collect analytical data on how our website is viewed and used to help us improve our website only.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- 26. We do not disclose your personal data. Internally using your data for communications on orders, notifications on products or services or to email the latest Godiva news.
- 27. We may have to disclose your data, only if we are required by law to pass on information or if we believe action is necessary for fraud, cybercrime or to protect the website, rights, personal safety of person/s.
- 28. We may also disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to our website (customers and sales) in order to describe our services to prospective partners (advertisers, sponsors) and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
- 29. If you are concerned about your data, you have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee to request access to personal data which we may hold or process about you.
Remember! You have the right to view, amend or delete any personal information held by Godiva Bearings by emailing – firstname.lastname@example.org
- 30. We ensure that our products are accurately described, photographed and priced. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- 31. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. Although we make every effort to keep products and stock up to date, if however you believe that you’ve spotted a mistake, please contact us email@example.com.
- 32. All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- 33. Unauthorised use of this website and/or its content including photographs, may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- 34. From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- 35. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
RIGHT TO CANCEL
- 36. You will not have any right to cancel a purchase for the supply of any of the following goods:
1. For the supply of goods the price of which is dependent on fluctuations in the financial market which cannot be controlled by the retailer.
2. For the supply of good made to your specifications or clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
- 37. Once you have notified us that you wish to cancel the contract, any sum debited to us will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your cancellation.
- 38. We reserve the right to make a charge not exceeding our direct costs of recovering the goods if you do not return the goods or return them at our expense.
- 39. If you are in possession of the goods you are under the duty to retain them and ensure they are unopened and in their original packaging. You must send the goods back to us to our contact address at your own cost (unless we delivered the item to you in error or the item is damaged or defective) as soon as possible once you have cancelled the contract.
- 40. You have the right to cancel the purchase of a good without having to give a reason at any time within the “cooling off period” of seven working days, beginning on the day after you receive the goods.
- 41. Ensure the goods are returned to us in ‘as new’ condition unless faulty. Damaged or used goods cannot be refunded.
- 42. Returns are credited for the returned item(s) amount including vat and do not include a refund of carriage unless Godiva are expressly at fault with the items shipped.
- 43. Refunds will be made by the payment method chosen at the time of order being placed.
- 44. Return address:
- 45. Godiva retain the right to update prices, due to manufacturer price increases, without prior notice to the customer.
DELIVERIES – LIABILITY
- 46. Shipping rates are defined clearly throughout the checkout process and are subject to change without prior notice, notwithstanding any orders already made during such change will be honoured at the rate set at the time of the order being placed.
- 47. We operate from 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday and occasionally during busy times work Saturday 9:00am to 12:00pm midday. ‘Working day’ shall mean any day excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public or bank holidays. Deliveries are delivered in the working days stated at the checkout process.
- 48. Although every effort is made by Godiva to have your goods delivered on time, Godiva will not be held responsible for the loss of earnings, wages etc. Due to couriers not delivering within the agreed delivery time, although we will pass any compensation to the customer that we claim from the couriers.
- 49. All items sent standard royal mail will be at customers’ sole risk. We cannot accept responsibility for any loses.
- 50. Godiva must be notified within 48 hours of receipt of order for partial loss, damage or non-delivery of whole or part order.
- 51. Godiva will not be held responsible for loss of earnings/wages/injury/damages/direct or indirect costs etc. due to premature failure of parts due to manufacturing defects.
- 52. A valid signature will normally be required on collection or delivery.
- 53. For reasons of health and safety and to avoid any property damage, most large items can only be delivered to a ground floor location at the delivery address.
- 54. Upon delivery of the goods to you, the goods shall be at your risk.
- 55. Events outside our control. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (force majeure event).
- 56. A force majeure event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following: Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action.
- 57. Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war.
- 58. Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster.
- 59. Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
- 60. Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks.
- 61. The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
- 62. Our performance under any contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the force majeure event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the force majeure event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the contract may be performed despite the force majeure event.
- 63. All notices you send us must be sent to the contact details on this site (link). We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when making a purchase. (Notice will be deemed received and properly served 24 hours after an email is sent or three days after the date of posting of any letter.) In providing the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that the letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email that the email was sent to the specified email address of the addressees.
- 64. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any such changes will take effect when posted on the website and will be dated accordingly, it is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions on each occasion you use this website and your continued use of the website shall signify your acceptance to be bound by the latest terms and conditions.
- 65. These terms are governed by English law. Any contract for the purchase of goods from this site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with any such contract will be governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident in Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident in Scotland you may also bring proceedings in Scotland